Quail with grapes and porcini mushrooms
- Clean the stems of the mushrooms then cut the mushrooms into pieces. Rinse the grapes. Remove the skins if you wish. Peel and chop the onions. Peel and chop the garlic
- Heat some butter and oil in a Dutch oven. Sear each side of the quails. Season then set aside. In the same Dutch oven, brown the mushrooms then set them aside.
- Add the bacon, onions, thyme, rosemary leaves, and juniper berries. Sweat.
- Add the quails and mushrooms, then deglaze with white wine and reduce until dry.
- Douse with white stock (water + stock cube), cover, and simmer gently for 20 minutes. This dish can also be cooked in the oven at 160°C (320°F).
- Add the grapes 10 minutes before the end of the cooking time.
- 4 quails
- 100 g (3.5 oz) bacon cut into large cubes
- 500 g (17.6 oz) porcini or button mushrooms
- 2 red onions
- 6 cloves of garlic
- 2 bunches of white grapes
- 4 sprigs of thyme
- 2 sprigs of rosemary
- 50 g (1/5 cup) butter
- 40 cl (1 and 2/3 cups) dry white wine
- 2 juniper berries
- Salt, pepper
Why cook in a Dutch Oven?
Dutch ovens are ideal for slow cooked, simmered dishes. You can use the in the oven as well as the stovetop, and they will keep your meal warm when served at table.
Share this recipe
Other recipes for you
Here are some recipes you might also like