SITRAM product warranties
All our products are guaranteed against manufacturing defects
Article L.211-7 of the French Consumer Code, which came into effect on March 18, 2016, stipulates that "defects of conformity appearing within 24 months of the delivery of goods will be presumed to have already existed at the time of delivery, unless proven otherwise." In other words, for goods purchased after March 18, 2016, any product defects (except those related to misuse by the consumer) which appear during the 2 years following the purchase of the product are presumed to have existed when the product was delivered.
Exceptions to the warranty
This commercial warranty does not cover damage due to drops, misuse, failure to follow the user and maintenance instructions, or the unauthorized modification or repair of the product. It also does not include normal wear and tear or the following cases:
- Overheating, prolonged exposure to flames, or heating while empty
- Stains, discoloration, or scratches on the inside or outside of the cookware
- Fires, floods, and other accidents
- Damage caused by exposure to extreme differences in temperatures
- Use at the workplace or in a professional setting
- Failure to regularly replace parts (gaskets, etc.)
- Drops and other collisions
- Broken ceramic or glass
- Dust or insects inside the product (except for devices designed especially for insects)
Warranty details for cookware with a non-stick coating
The non-stick coating is also guaranteed for 2 years against blistering and peeling. This warranty does not cover damage caused by misuse or the cases listed above. SITRAM guarantees that its non-stick coatings comply with all regulations relating to materials that come into contact with food.
Exceptions for the SITRAM removable handle:
The warranty does not apply for damage caused by:
- Use with non-SITRAM cookware
- Exposure to flames
- Use of the handle in the oven
- Cleaning the handle in the dishwasher
- Use of the handle to lift more than 10 kg (22 lbs)
- Prolonged immersion in water
Special warranty for pressure cookers
SITRAM pressure cookers are guaranteed for 15 years against any defect associated with the metal structure of the product.
Exceptions to the warranty:
- Damage resulting from misuse, overheating, drops, collisions, normal wear and tear, and in general, failure to follow the user and maintenance instructions.
- Gaskets, lid handles, pot handles, regulators.
- Scratches, scuffs, rust, or stains on the metal base.
- This warranty will not apply if the pressure cooker was used for commercial purposes, modified, or fitted with spare parts not approved by SITRAM.
In all cases, the legal warranty of conformity referred to in Articles L211-4, L211-5, and L211-12 of the French Consumer Code and the legal warranty against hidden defects referred to in Articles 1641 and 1649 of the French Civil Code will apply: Spare parts are guaranteed for 2 years, and the gasket for 1 year.
Products "under warranty:"
The customer must contact the store or website where the product was purchased, and provide their invoice or loyalty card, the defective product (or a photo), and the description of the problem in order to:
- confirm and/or diagnose the problem
- confirm eligibility for the warranty
- find a suitable solution (exchange, commercial solution, repair, etc.)
Products "out of warranty:"
The customer may contact the store or website where the product was purchased to request a discount.
Special procedure for pressure cookers:
SITRAM pressure cookers can be taken/sent directly to an authorized SITRAM repair shop (see "Where to repair my pressure cooker”) for repair both during and after the warranty period.