Authentic tomato sauce for spaghetti
- Cut a small cross into the cherry tomatoes, then plunge them in boiling water for 15 seconds. After 15 seconds, cool with cold water.
- Peel then crush the tomatoes in a large bowl to obtain their juice.
- Add ¾ of the basil bunch (tied with a string), the salt, and the crushed garlic.
- Heat the olive oil in a saucepan, then add the cherry tomato mixture. Cook for a few minutes.
- Remove from the heat. Remove the bunch of basil (it will have blackened) and add the remaining quarter of basil. Season as needed.
- Cook some spaghetti in salted boiling water. Save a ladleful of cooking water before draining the pasta.
- In a large bowl, add the pasta, the tomato sauce, and the ladleful of water. Mix well. Serve with some grated Parmesan cheese and enjoy!
- 500 g (17.6 oz) ripe cherry tomatoes
- 1 clove of garlic
- 1 bunch of basil
- Extra virgin olive oil
- Fine salt, pepper
Share this recipe
Other recipes for you
Here are some recipes you might also like