Celery root & pear soup and mini puff pastries with sheep's milk cheese
For the puff pastries:
- In a bowl, beat an egg. Flatten out the puff pastry, brush with egg, and sprinkle with shredded cheese.
- Cut into strips and twist. Bake for 10 minutes at 180°C.
For the soup:
- Peel and cut the celery roots into small cubes.
- Peel and chop the onions.
- Drizzle some walnut oil into a saucepan and brown the onions and the celery root.
- Add enough hot chicken stock to cover all the ingredients, then let cook for around 20 minutes.
- Mix the celery with the broth with a blender, then adjust the consistency by adding the remaining stock until you have a velvety texture.
- Peel and dice the pears, then brown them in a frying pan with some butter and honey.
- Dry-roast the hazelnuts in a frying pan.
- Pour the soup into bowls and serve with the pastry strips, hazelnuts, pears, a drizzle of honey, and some poppy seeds.
- 1 rolled pure butter puff pastry roll
- 200 g grated sheep's milk cheese
- 2 celery roots (celeriacs)
- 2 onions
- 2 pears
- 4 tbsp shelled hazelnuts
- 2 tbsp honey
- 30 g semi-salted butter
- 2 L chicken stock
- 2 tbsp walnut oil
- Salt, pepper
Share this recipe
Other recipes for you
Here are some recipes you might also like