Dulce de leche
- Split the vanilla bean in half and scrape out the small seeds.
- Add the milk, vanilla (seeds and bean), and sugar to your pressure cooker.
- Put the pressure cooker on your cooktop and heat, starting with the lid off so you can stir the mixture and melt the sugar.
- Then close the lid and cook. When the steam starts to escape, lower the heat and cook for 55 minutes. Shake the pressure cooker regularly so the ingredients do not stick.
- Remove the cooker from the heat and release the steam. Open the cooker, remove the vanilla bean, and scrape out the last seeds.
- Finish cooking (if necessary) over low heat with the lid off until the mixture is syrupy.
- Mix with a hand blender. Pour into jars and set aside.
- 1 L (4 and 1/4 cups) milk
- 1 vanilla bean
- 350 g (12.3 oz) sugar
- 2 jars (around 280 g or 10 oz)
Share this recipe
Other recipes for you
Here are some recipes you might also like