Grandma's rice pudding
- Cut the vanilla bean in half and use the tip of a knife to scrape out the small seeds.
- Heat the milk in the pressure cooker with the sugar and the vanilla bean and seeds.
- Bring to a boil.
- Sprinkle in the rice.
- Close the lid with the regulator. When the steam starts to escape, lower the heat and cook for 15 minutes, shaking the cooker 2 or 3 times to stir the contents without opening.
- Remove the pressure cooker from the heat. Depressurize before opening.
- Serve in small bowls
My little secret:
Whip 25 cl (1 cup) of liquid cream and add it to the cooled rice pudding for a creamier texture!
- 5 tbsp short-grain rice
- 1 L (4 and 1/4 cups) milk
- 5 tbsp sugar
- 1 vanilla bean
Share this recipe
Other recipes for you
Here are some recipes you might also like