- Peel, wash, and cut the potatoes into large chunks, cook in salted boiling water for 25 to 30 minutes, then immerse in ice water.
- Boil the milk.
- Mash the potatoes with a potato ricer directly into the hot milk.
- Stir in the butter in small pieces.
- Season as needed.
- Keep warm in a double boiler. Use a fork to gently spread a piece of cold butter on the surface just before serving.
- 1 kg (2.2 lbs) Bintje potatoes
- 30 cl (1 and 1/4 cups) milk
- 400 g (14 oz) butter
Share this recipe
Other recipes for you
Here are some recipes you might also like