Potatoes and yams au gratin
- Peel then chop the potatoes and sweet potatoes into small pieces. Place them in the steam basket with a little salt.
- Add 130 cl (5 and 2/5 cups) of water to the pressure cooker and insert the basket. Close the lid with the regulator and heat the cooker.
- When the steam starts to escape, lower the heat and cook for 6 minutes. Remove the pressure cooker from the heat. Depressurize before opening.
- Preheat the oven to 220°C (430°F).
- Peel and mince the garlic cloves but keep one whole.
- Mix the cream, milk, minced garlic, salt, pepper, and potatoes.
- Rub a baking dish with some butter and the whole garlic clove, add the mixture, and place the dish in the oven.
- Bake for around 10 minutes or until the potatoes are brown.
- 500 g (17.6 oz) potatoes
- 500 g (17.6 oz) sweet potatoes (yams)
- 3 cloves of garlic
- 20 cl (4/5 cup) liquid cream
- 20 cl (4/5 cup) milk
- Salt, pepper
- 50 g (1/5 cup) butter
Why use a pressure cooker?
It's the perfect utensil for the busy and efficient cook. Thanks to its amazing speed you will save precious time for other activities...
The benefits of cooking in the oven
Use an oven dish to prepare delicious roasts and vegetables au gratin as well as lovely hearty family recipes like lasagna or moussaka.
Share this recipe
Other recipes for you
Here are some recipes you might also like