Spaghetti with clams
- Wash the clams thoroughly with plenty of water.
- Cook in a covered frying pan with a drizzle of olive oil until the shells open.
- Remove and set aside the clams.
- Strain the cooking liquid through a fine sieve.
- Peel, chop, and sweat the shallots, then add the minced garlic and a bay leaf.
- Deglaze with white wine, reduce until dry, then drench with the sauce from the clams.
- Reduce and season as needed.
- Bring a large pot of water to a boil.
- Cook the spaghetti for only half its usual cooking time, then use a skimmer to add it to the cooking liquid from the clams.
- Add the parsley leaves, then cover them with a little water from the pot used to cook the spaghetti.
- Add the clams and cook for one minute to incorporate them into the spaghetti.
- Serve immediately.
- 1 kg (2.2 lbs) clams
- 300 g (10.6 oz) spaghetti
- 100 g (1 cup) Parmesan cheese
- 1 shallot
- 10 cl (2/5 cup) white wine
- 1 bunch of parsley
- 2 cloves of garlic
- 8 tbsp olive oil
- Fleur de sel
The benefits of cooking with a frying pan
With its round and shallow shape, this versatile utensil allows you to cook to your taste a variety of foods, from steaks to whole fish, burgers, meatballs, and all sorts of sauteed vegetables, pasta or cereals.
Share this recipe
Other recipes for you
Here are some recipes you might also like