- Peel, wash, and chop the celery, then peel and chop the onion.
- Heat the olive oil in your pressure cooker and sweat the onion and celery for 3 minutes.
- Add the chicken stock and spices (stick the clove into a piece of onion) and cook uncovered for 5 minutes.
- Peel and deseed the butternut squash, then cut it into pieces. Add the squash and the milk to the stock.
- Close the lid and cook. When the steam starts to escape, lower the heat and cook for 15 minutes.
- Remove the pressure cooker from the heat. Depressurize before opening. Remove the clove.
- Blend with a blender until extremely smooth.
- Season as needed and keep warm.
- Cut the vanilla bean in half, use the tip of a knife to scrape the seeds into the cream, then whip the cream with a hand mixer.
- Pour the hot soup into a cup or soup bowl, add a spoonful of the whipped cream, and enjoy!
- 850 g (30 oz) butternut or red kuri squash
- 20 g (0.7 oz) celery
- 150 g (5.3 oz) onions
- 1 L (4 and 1/4 cups) semi-skimmed milk
- 1/2 L (2 cups) chicken or vegetable stock
- 1 tsp olive oil
- 1 pinch of grated nutmeg (optional)
- 1 clove
- 15 cl (3/5 cup) very cold liquid cream
- 1 vanilla bean
- Salt, pepper
Share this recipe
Other recipes for you
Here are some recipes you might also like