Stir-fried green vegetables with ginger butter and black garlic mousse
- Blend the black garlic cloves with the milk and cream, season with salt and pepper. Strain and chill.
- Peel and grate the ginger.
- Boil 5 cl (1/5 cup) of water in a saucepan, add the ginger, and boil for 5 minutes.
- Remove from the heat, then add the lemon juice and the butter (in small pieces). Season as needed.
- Add the snow peas, fava beans, green beans, and peas to a large pot of salted boiling water, then immerse them in ice water once they are cooked.
- Coat the vegetables with the lemon & ginger butter.
- Heat the black garlic mixture then blend it with a hand blender until it turns into a mousse.
- Reheat the vegetables in a frying pan over low heat with a drizzle of oil.
- Arrange the vegetables on a plate with the garlic mousse and sprinkle with fresh herbs.
- Top with a few cubes of feta cheese for an extra touch of freshness.
- 250 g (9 oz) fava beans
- 250 g (9 oz) fresh peas
- 150 g (5.3 oz) snow peas
- 150 g (5.3 oz) fresh green beans
- 1 bunch of spring onions
- 1 piece of fresh ginger (2 cm or a little less than an inch)
- 120 g (1/2 cup) butter
- 1 bunch of parsley
- Salt, pepper
Black garlic mousse:
- 3 cloves of black garlic
- 30 cl (1 and 1/4 cups) milk
- 10 cl (2/5 cup) liquid cream
The benefits of cooking with a frying pan
With its round and shallow shape, this versatile utensil allows you to cook to your taste a variety of foods, from steaks to whole fish, burgers, meatballs, and all sorts of sauteed vegetables, pasta or cereals.