Veal tajine with peas and garlic
- Peel and Julienne the carrots
- Peel and chop the onions
- Crush 4 unpeeled garlic cloves, keep the others intact to cook with their skin
- Heat some oil in the Dutch oven and sear each side of the veal cubes, then set them aside
- Lower the heat and add the onions, the carrots, all the garlic cloves, and the cumin
- Add the veal cubes, drizzle with honey and let caramelize, then add the previously heated veal stock and the rosemary, cover, and cook for 2 hours
- Cook the peas in salted boiling water, then strain and cool with cold tap water.
- Add the peas after the meat is cooked
- Season as needed.
- Serve with quinoa or semolina.
- 1 kg boneless veal shoulder, cut into large cubes
- 600 g fresh shelled peas
- 12 unpeeled garlic cloves
- 5 carrots
- 2 large yellow onions
- 80 g liquid honey
- 50 cl veal stock
- ½ sprig rosemary
- 5 g ground cumin
Why cook in a Dutch Oven?
Dutch ovens are ideal for slow cooked, simmered dishes. You can use the in the oven as well as the stovetop, and they will keep your meal warm when served at table.
Share this recipe
Other recipes for you
Here are some recipes you might also like