Creamy eggplant soup with pistou
- Peel and chop the onion finely.
- Heat the olive oil in the pressure cooker with the lid open and sweat the onion for 3 minutes without browning.
- Add the crushed garlic and sweat for 1 minute.
- Wash, peel, and dice the eggplants. Add them in the pressure cooker and sweat a few minutes.
- Add the milk, salt, and pepper.
- Close the lid with the regulator and leave to cook. When the steam starts to escape, lower the heat and cook for 15 minutes.
- Remove the pressure cooker from the heat. Depressurize before opening.
- Blend until smooth, season as needed, and strain to remove the fibers and seeds.
- In a bowl, mix the fromage blanc with 2 tablespoons of milk and add the chopped basil leaves. Season with salt and pepper
- Serve the soup hot or cold in soup plates or verrines and top with a spoonful of the basil cream.
- 650 g (23 oz) eggplant flesh
- 150 g (5.2 oz) onion (1 onion)
- 1/2 clove of garlic, crushed
- 1 L (4 and 1/4 cups) semi-skimmed milk
- 3 fresh basil leaves
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- Salt, pepper
- 1 tbsp fat-free fromage blanc
- 2 tbsp semi-skimmed milk
- 3 fresh basil leaves, chopped
Share this recipe
Other recipes for you
Here are some recipes you might also like