Jumbo shrimp skewers
- Immerse the tomatoes in boiling water for 30 seconds, then peel them, remove the seeds, and cut them into quarters.
- Place the tomato quarters on a baking sheet. Season with salt, pepper, sugar, and olive oil. Turn them over and season the other side. Bake for 90 minutes at 140°C (280°F)
- Peel the fennel bulb. Heat the olive oil in the pressure cooker, then add the fennel, star anise and 10 cl (2/5 cup) of water.
- Close the lid with the regulator and heat the cooker. When the steam starts to escape, lower the heat and cook for 6 minutes. Remove the pressure cooker from the heat. Depressurize before opening.
- Cut the zucchini into thin slices. If the pieces are still too big, cut them in half. Shell the jumbo shrimp, leaving the tail in place. If the shrimp are too big, cut them in half
- Thread 5 pieces of the jumbo shrimp (or 5 small shrimp) on each skewer, alternating with slices of zucchini.
- Place the seasoned skewers over the fennel.
- Close the lid with the regulator and heat the cooker. When the steam starts to escape, lower the heat and cook for 2 minutes.
- Remove the pressure cooker from the heat. Depressurize before opening.
- Set aside the skewers and the fennel. Mix the liquid from the cooker with some olive oil, season as needed.
- On warm plates, arrange the confit tomato quarters in a circle (use a 8cm cookie cutter if you have one), place the fennel in the middle, and top with the skewers.
- Serve with the fennel and olive oil sauce.
- 4 jumbo shrimp
- 2 large tomatoes
- 1 fennel bulb
- 2 small zucchini
- 4 skewers
- 10 pieces of star anise
- 10 cl (2/5 cup) olive oil
- Salt, pepper, sugar
Share this recipe
Other recipes for you
Here are some recipes you might also like