Mix the rice flour or cornstarch (cornstarch provides for a smoother cream) in a small cup of the milk to avoid lumps.
Boil the rest of the milk with the sugar. Once the milk is boiling, remove it from the heat and add the small cup of milk containing the flour.
Mix well with a wooden spoon for 2 to 3 minutes over high heat until the mixture thickens (even if it seems runny, the cream will thicken while cooling).
Pour into cups and refrigerate for a few hours (ideally overnight).
Mix the cold orange blossom water (or rose water) with the honey and a little nutmeg (if desired).
Just before serving, remove the cups from the refrigerator and sprinkle with the crushed pistachios. Top with some of the honey & orange blossom mixture and serve chilled.
- 1 L (4 and 1/4 cups) whole milk
- 80 g (2.8 oz) rice flour or cornstarch
- 125 g (1 cup) powdered sugar
- 15 ml (1 tbsp) orange blossom water or violet syrup (or rose water, depending on your taste and imagination)
- A little grated nutmeg
- 30 g (1 oz) unsalted shelled pistachios
- 1 tbsp honey
- Colored sugar for decoration (optional)
Share this recipe
Other recipes for you
Here are some recipes you might also like