- Peel the shrimp, leaving the tail intact. Carrefully devein the backs.
- Cut the fish into 3 x 3 cm (1 x 1 inch) pieces.
- Wash the scallops under running water.
- Peel and chop the onion. Sweat the onion in a preheated non-stick frying pan with a drizzle of oil.
- Add the curry paste, sugar, and shrimp paste. Then add the coconut milk, fish sauce, and Thai lime leaves. Keep warm.
- Cook the green beans in a saucepan of salted boiling water, then cool in ice water.
- Cook the rice in a covered saucepan with 20 cl (4/5 cup) of water.
- In a preheated non-stick frying pan, quickly sauté the shrimp then the scallops.
- Add the fish to the curry sauce along with the shrimp and scallops.
- Add the green beans, and serve immediately with the rice on the side.
Tip: Feel free to replace the scallops with steamed mussels. This will cut the cost of the recipe considerably!
- 500 g (17.6 oz) large raw shrimp
- 250 g (8.8 oz) whitefish
- 200 g (7 oz) fresh scallops
- 2 tbsp vegetable oil
- 2 to 3 tbsp Thai red curry paste
- 1 onion
- 2 tsp shrimp paste
- 500 ml (2 cups) coconut milk
- 1 tbsp fish sauce
- 1 tbsp palm sugar
- 4 Thai lime leaves, chopped
- 200 g (7 oz) green beans, trimmed
- 120 g (4.2 oz) steamed jasmine rice
Why use a saucepan?
Sitram saucepans are versatile utensils fit for many preparations (soups, pasta, rice and sauces to name a few)
The benefits of cooking with a frying pan
With its round and shallow shape, this versatile utensil allows you to cook to your taste a variety of foods, from steaks to whole fish, burgers, meatballs, and all sorts of sauteed vegetables, pasta or cereals.
Why use a sauté pan?
Deeper than a frying pan - and just as versatile, a sauté pan allows you to cook generous portions and complete meals.
Why use a wok?
This wide and deep pan is used in asian countries to cook food quicky on a high fire. Finely chopped vegetables and meats, asian noodles and fried rice are particularly well-suited to this utensil.
Share this recipe
Other recipes for you
Here are some recipes you might also like