Sweet and spicy carrot salad
- Peel and zest the orange.
- Cut the orange in half and then into 5-mm slices.
- Place the slices in a soup dish, sprinkle with cinnamon, a little salt, a few drops of orange blossom water, and half a tablespoon of olive oil, then refrigerate.
- Peel and cut the carrots diagonally into 2-mm slices.
- In your pressure cooker, add the carrots with half a tablespoon of oil and the water, garlic, salt, and pepper.
- Close the lid and cook. When the steam starts to escape, lower the heat and cook for 6 minutes.
- Remove the pressure cooker from the heat. Depressurize before opening.
- Drain the carrots and let them cool
- Reduce the cooking liquid until one tablespoon of liquid remains.
- Season the cooled carrots with the cumin powder, lemon juice, cooking liquid, and cilantro sprigs, mix, and add salt and pepper if needed.
- Wash the sucrine hearts and cut them into quarters.
- Mix the carrots, oranges, lettuce, and cilantro leaves and drizzle with the remaining carrot seasoning. Top with fresh herbs.
- 240 g (8.5 oz) carrots
- 4 sucrine lettuce hearts
- 50 cl (2 cups) water
- 1 orange
- 2 tsp powdered sugar
- ½ clove of garlic, peeled and sliced into thin strips
- 1 pinch of ground cinnamon
- Orange blossom water (a few drops)
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- Salt, pepper
- 2 tbsp lemon juice
- 2 g (1 tsp) cumin powder
- 1 tbsp fresh cilantro sprigs
Share this recipe
Other recipes for you
Here are some recipes you might also like