Carrot soup with star anise, quinoa, and feta
- Peel and slice the carrots
- Chop the onion and celery
- Place the carrots, onion, and celery in a saucepan or pot and drizzle with olive oil
- Add the thyme, bay leaf, and star anise.
- Season with salt and pepper and drench with hot chicken stock. Let cook for 1 hour
- In the meantime, rinse then cook the quinoa in a large pot of water, then set aside
- Mix the soup, season as needed, and strain
- Serve in a bowl with a few feta cubes and a spoonful of quinoa.
- 8 or 9 carrots
- 1 onion
- ½ celery stalk
- 1 sprig of thyme
- 1 bay leaf
- 75 cl chicken stock
- 2 star anise flowers
- Olive oil
- Salt, pepper
- 50 g quinoa
- 50 g feta cheese
Why use a saucepan?
Sitram saucepans are versatile utensils fit for many preparations (soups, pasta, rice and sauces to name a few)
Why cook with a stockpot?
A stockpot is so versatile it can be useful in many situations, especially if you need to cook large quantities. With its two sturdy handles it's easier to carry.
Share this recipe
Other recipes for you
Here are some recipes you might also like