Chicken and peppers casserole
- Cut the chicken into pieces, brown it with some oil in your Dutch oven, then set it aside
- Peel then chop the garlic
- Wash and chop the peppers
- Cut the slice of bacon into cubes.
- Peel, deseed, and dice the tomatoes
- Prepare the bouquet garni (thyme, bay leaf, parsley stalk, celery stick)
- In the same Dutch oven, sweat the onion and garlic in some oil then add the bacon and peppers and let brown.
- Add the tomatoes, the bouquet garni, and some salt, pepper, and sugar.
- Cook for 1 hour, then add the chicken and cook another 20 minutes or until the meat is cooked through.
- Season as needed.
- Serve with white rice or bulgur
- 1 free range chicken
- 2 cloves of garlic
- 2 red peppers
- 2 green peppers
- 1 thick slice of bacon (or Bayonne ham if possible)
- 4 beefsteak tomatoes
- 1 bouquet garni
- Salt, pepper, sugar
Why cook in a Dutch Oven?
Dutch ovens are ideal for slow cooked, simmered dishes. You can use the in the oven as well as the stovetop, and they will keep your meal warm when served at table.