Chilled cranberry bean soup with crispy bacon
- Hull the beans and rinse them in cold water.
- Heat the chicken stock and add the peeled onion studded with the clove, the sage leaf, the olive oil, and the crushed garlic cloves.
- Cook the beans in the stock for 1 hour over low heat.
- Once cooked, drain the beans and remove the sage leaf, onion, and garlic cloves from the stock. Set aside the stock.
- Pass the beans through a food mill and gradually add the stock until you have a nice, smooth mixture. Season as needed.
- Melt the butter in the bean mixture, then add the cream and blend. Finally, add the sherry vinegar.
- Chill the soup in the refrigerator.
- While waiting for the soup to cool, bake the bacon in the oven at 120°C (250°F) for 30 minutes.
- Serve the chilled soup with a slice of crispy bacon.
- 500 g (17.6 oz) fresh cranberry beans
- 1.2 L (5 cups) chicken broth
- 6 slices of country bacon
- 8 cl (1/3 cup) olive oil
- 1 sage leaf
- 80 g (2.8 oz) butter
- 10 cl (2/5 cup) liquid cream
- 2 cloves of garlic
- 1 onion
- 1 clove
- 5 cl (1/5 cup) sherry vinegar
- Pepper and fleur de sel