- Attention: this recipe calls for extremely precise measurements!
- Chop the chocolate finely. Add the cream, chocolate, and honey to a stainless steel saucepan. Melt over low heat. Add the sugar and mix.
- Bring to a boil between 116°C and 135°C (240°F and 275°F). Remove a teaspoon of the caramel and immerse it in cold water. If you can form a small, slightly stretchy ball between your fingers, then the caramel is done cooking.
- Add the salt and pour the mixture into a dish lined with heat-resistant plastic wrap (check the packaging before buying). Cover the caramel with the wrap and let it harden at room temperature.
- Once the caramel has cooled, simply remove the plastic wrap. On a cutting board, cut the caramel into squares or rectangles with a large, sharp knife. Wrap in cellophane wrap (available in specialty bakery stores).
- 125 g (4.4 oz) dark chocolate (50/60% cocoa)
- 200 g (1 cup) liquid cream
- 3 tbsp wildflower honey
- 200 g (1 cup) superfine sugar
- 1 pinch of fleur de sel
Share this recipe
Other recipes for you
Here are some recipes you might also like