Creamy green asparagus soup with anise
- Peel some thin strips of asparagus with a peeler, then set the strips aside in a bowl of cold water.
- Prepare your "Vichyssoise" soup in a Dutch oven or saucepan.
- Peel and chop the onions.
- Cut the whites of the leeks into small slices, then wash them under water. Remove the ends of the asparagus, set aside some of the tips and slice the stalks.
- Peel and cut the potatoes.
- Cook the asparagus tips and half of the stalks for a few minutes in a large pot of salted boiling water, then immerse them in ice water. Set them aside for the presentation.
- Sweat the onions and leeks in the olive oil, then add the rest of the sliced stalks.
- Cook the anise, milk, and vegetable stock for 5 minutes, then add the potatoes. Cook for 25 minutes over very low heat.
- Add the cooked asparagus and cream, blend in a blender, and season as needed.
- Arrange the asparagus tips on the bottom of a soup plate. Pour the hot Vichyssoise soup over the top and garnish with the raw asparagus strips.
- 200 g (7 oz) green asparagus
- 1/2 white spring onion
- 500 g (17.6 oz) leeks (only use white part)
- 100 g (3.5 oz) tomatoes
- 1 drizzle of olive oil
- A few anise seeds
- 20 cl (4/5 cup) milk
- 10 cl (2/5 cup) heavy cream
- 15 cl (3/5 cup) white or vegetable stock
- Garnish: 8 green asparagus spears
Share this recipe
Other recipes for you
Here are some recipes you might also like