Floating island with chestnut cream
- Separate the egg whites from the yolks.
- In a saucepan, boil the milk and the vanilla.
- Whisk the egg yolks and the sugar. Mix in the saucepan with the milk and vanilla.
- Cook at 83°C (180°F), stirring continuously.
- Beat the egg whites in a blender and fold in 50 g (1/4 cup) of sugar.
- Form balls or place the desired shapes in silicone molds and microwave at 900W for 45 seconds. Let cool.
- Whisk the custard with the chestnut cream. Pour into small bowls and let cool.
- Just before serving, place the floating island on top of the cream and sprinkle with the candied chestnut pieces.
- For the caramel: cook the sugar and corn syrup in a saucepan over medium heat until golden brown.
- Decorate the bowls with a tuft of sugary angel hair obtained by whisking the caramel in the saucepan with a fork. Place the strands on the floating island with the tip of a fork.
- 1 L (4 and 1/4 cups) milk
- 6 eggs
- 150 g (3/4 cup) sugar
- 1 vanilla bean
- 300 g (10.6 oz) chestnut cream
- 30 g (2 and 1/3 tbsp) sugar
- 100 g (3.5 oz) candied chestnut pieces
- 100 g (4/5 cup) powdered sugar
- 1 spoonful of corn syrup
Share this recipe
Other recipes for you
Here are some recipes you might also like