Gascon pork chops with sage and chanterelles
- Sear the pork chops, then set the frying pan aside. Add 20 g (1 and 1/2 tbsp) of butter to your Dutch oven
- Crush the sage and arugula and sweat them in the butter for 2 minutes
- Mix the breadcrumbs with 50 g (3 and 1/2 tbsp) of soft butter, then season and add the herbs
- Remove the pork chops and the oil from the pan, then add the chanterelles, pour in the white wine, and reduce. Remove the pan from the heat and add the butter, one small piece at a time
- Coat the sides of the pork chops with the breadcrumbs and grill in the oven for 5 minutes
- Serve immediately with the sauce and the chanterelles
- 4 thick Gascon pork chops (from Gascon black pig)
- 40 g (3 tbsp) butter + 50 g (3 and 1/2 tbsp) butter
- 10 g (0.4 oz) arugula
- 10 g (0.4 oz) sage
- 50 g (1.8 oz) breadcrumbs
- 500 g (17.6 oz) chanterelle mushrooms
- 20 cl (4/5 cup) white wine
Why cook in a Dutch Oven?
Dutch ovens are ideal for slow cooked, simmered dishes. You can use the in the oven as well as the stovetop, and they will keep your meal warm when served at table.