Homemade hot chocolate
- In a saucepan, heat the cream to 80°C (176°F), then add the finely chopped chocolate and the cocoa. Remove from the heat and make a ganache.
- Heat the milk and sugar, then infuse with the vanilla bean (split in half).
- Serve the hot milk and the hot ganache in two small bowls so you can make the hot chocolate as thick as you like.
- Do not boil the chocolate (the temperature should not exceed 85-95°C or 185-195°F)
- You can add cinnamon, saffron, and other spices to the hot chocolate, as well of course as whipped cream...
- Children will love to dip marshmallows or churros in their hot chocolate.
- 500 g (2 cups) whole milk
- 20 g (1 and 2/3 tbsp) brown sugar
- 200 g (7 oz) dark chocolate (55% cocoa)
- 20 g (2 tbsp) cocoa powder
- 420 g (2 and 1/5 cups) liquid cream
Share this recipe
Other recipes for you
Here are some recipes you might also like