Indian style chicken curry with spiced rice
- A few hours before: Cut the chickens into pieces and marinate in the fridge with the yogurt and spices.
- The same day: Peel and chop the garlic and onions and sweat in the pressure cooker with a spoonful of olive oil. Drain the chicken pieces then add them to the pressure cooker and sear.
- Drench with chicken stock, add the marinade, and season.
- Close the lid with the regulator and heat the cooker. When the steam starts to escape, lower the heat and cook for 5 minutes. Remove the pressure cooker from the heat. Depressurize before opening.
- Remove the breasts but leave the thighs (in the case of a free-range chicken) in the cooker. Add the cream and cook in the same way for 5 minutes.
- Set the meat aside, add the coconut milk to the sauce, lower the heat, and cook with the lid off until the sauce thickens.
- Season, blend if necessary, and add the juice of one lime.
- Add the chicken to the sauce just before serving.
- Peel and chop the onions. Sweat (without browning) in the pressure cooker with a little olive oil.
- Dice the tomatoes and add them to the onions, along with the spices and rice. Cook until translucent then drench with the chicken stock.
- Close the lid with the regulator and heat the cooker. When the steam starts to escape, lower the heat and cook for 15 minutes. Remove the pressure cooker from the heat. Depressurize before opening.
- Serve the rice and curry separately.
- 2 free-range chickens or 8 breasts
- 2 and 1/2 yogurts
- 40 g (1.4 oz) ginger powder
- 15 g (1/2 oz) curry powder
- 7 g (1/4 oz) turmeric (Indian saffron)
- 2 g (1/2 tsp) spice combo (pepper, cloves, nutmeg, and ginger)
- Olive oil
- 50 g (1.8 oz) onions
- 35 g (1.2 oz) garlic
- 50 cl (2 cups) chicken stock
- 200 g (1 cup) liquid cream
- 200 g (1 cup) coconut milk
- Salt, pepper
- 1 lime
- 40 g (3 tbsp) oil
- 80 g (2.8 oz) onions
- 80 g (2.8 oz) diced tomatoes
- 420 g (2 and 1/3 cups) basmati rice
- 2 cinnamon sticks
- 1 g (1 tsp) cardamom
- 3 cloves
- 1 g (0.07 oz) saffron pistil
- 80 cl (3 and 1/3 cups) chicken stock
- 13 g (2 tsp) salt
Share this recipe
Other recipes for you
Here are some recipes you might also like