Pan-cooked tomato Tarte Tatin
- Preheat the oven to 200°C
- Peel the garlic cloves then chop them finely
- Cut the cherry tomatoes in half lengthwise
- Heat some olive oil and the sugar in a frying pan until it caramelizes, then dilute with the balsamic vinegar
- Arrange the tomatoes in the pan so they are pressed firmly together. Cook over low heat for 10-15 minutes until the tomatoes turn into confit
- Top with the garlic and some thyme leaves. Season to taste.
- Unroll the puff pastry over the tomatoes, brush with the egg yolk, and bake for 15 minutes in the oven.
- Remove from the pan (flip into a plate) and serve hot or cold.
- 1 puff pastry
- 50 g sugar
- 8 cl balsamic vinegar
- 500 g cherry tomatoes
- 2 cloves of garlic
- 3 sprigs of thyme
- Olive oil
- 1 egg yolk
The benefits of cooking with a frying pan
With its round and shallow shape, this versatile utensil allows you to cook to your taste a variety of foods, from steaks to whole fish, burgers, meatballs, and all sorts of sauteed vegetables, pasta or cereals.
Share this recipe
Other recipes for you
Here are some recipes you might also like