- Sift the flour and a pinch of salt into a large bowl.
- Dissolve the yeast in a tiny bit of warm water and mix into the flour. Gradually add 20 cl (4/5 cup) of water and knead the dough for around 15 minutes.
Cover with a cloth and let sit for 1 hour.
- Preheat the oven to 210°C (410°F).
- Peel and chop the onions finely.
- Fry the onions in olive oil with the thyme.
- When they are brown, add the white wine, vinegar, and sugar and let simmer for 20 minutes over low heat.
- Roll out the dough and bake for 15 minutes.
- Remove the baking sheet and top the dough with a thin layer of onions. Add the anchovies and the Parmesan cheese.
- Brown the pissaladière for 3 minutes in the oven (grill setting), remove, and sprinkle with olives.
- 250 g (2 cups) flour
- 10 g (1 tbsp) fresh yeast
- 4 chopped onions
- 15 anchovy fillets in oil
- 12 black "niçoises" olives
- 50 g (1/2 cup) grated Parmesan cheese
- 1 sprig of thyme
- 50 cl (2 cups) dry white wine
- 1 tbsp balsamic vinegar
- 2 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- 2 tbsp superfine sugar
Share this recipe
Other recipes for you
Here are some recipes you might also like