Pot au feu
- Peel the onion and insert a clove. Cut the leeks in half or in thirds, wash, and tie together
- Peel the carrots and turnips but keep them whole. Rinse the meat.
- Heat 2 liters (8 and 1/3 cups) of water in the pressure cooker, then add the meat, onion, a carrot, a leek, a turnip, the bouquet garni, salt, pepper, the spices, and some caramel coloring.
- Close the lid and cook. When the steam starts to escape, lower the heat and cook for 1 hour.
- Remove the pressure cooker from the heat. Depressurize before opening.
- Add the vegetables and marrowbone.
- Close the lid and cook. When the steam starts to escape, lower the heat and cook for another 15 minutes.
- Remove the pressure cooker from the heat. Depressurize before opening. Use a ladle to remove the layer of fat from the broth.
- Remove the meat, marrowbone, and vegetables with a skimmer and place in a warm serving dish.
- Strain the stock and use it to swell tapioca, vermicelli, or some other starch to serve with your stew. Season as needed.
- If you want to serve potatoes with your pot-au-feu, cook some peeled potatoes in some of the stock for 15 minutes in the pressure cooker.
- 1 onion
- 1 clove
- 3 leeks
- 5 carrots
- 5 round turnips
- 4 potatoes
- 1.8 kg (4 lbs) beef (rib, chuck, shin, oxtail, or brisket)
- 200 g (7 oz) veal shank with marrowbone
- 1 bouquet garni (parsley stems, thyme and bay leaf tied together)
- 2 cloves of garlic
- 1 stalk of celery
Share this recipe
Other recipes for you
Here are some recipes you might also like