Refreshing green asparagus soup
- Cut the asparagus 3 cm (around 1 inch) from the tip. Set aside.
- Chop the asparagus stems, onions, and leeks.
- Heat the olive oil in the pressure cooker and sweat the onions and leeks for 3 minutes, uncovered, without browning.
- Add the asparagus stems. Sweat for 3 minutes, season lightly, then add the chicken stock.
- Close the lid with the regulator and heat the cooker. When the steam starts to escape, lower the heat and cook for 10 minutes.
- Remove the pressure cooker from the heat. Depressurize before opening.
- Add the previously boiled milk and blend until smooth.
- Season as needed and serve immediately.
You can either use the asparagus tips for another recipe, or use them as a garnish: blanch them a few minutes in boiling salted water, or quikcly brown them in a little olive oil and serve them to top the soup.
- 1 bunch of green asparagus (300 g or 10.6 oz)
- 70 g (2.5 oz) leeks (only use white part)
- 70 g (2.5 oz) chopped onions
- 80 cl (3 and 1/3 cups) chicken stock
- 10 cl (2/5 cup) semi-skimmed milk
- 1 tsp olive oil
Share this recipe
Other recipes for you
Here are some recipes you might also like