Rice with shrimp, chorizo, chicken, and spicy roasted almonds
- Heat a tablespoon of olive oil in a frying pan and brown the pieces of chicken.
- Add the onion, red pepper, and chorizo cubes. Let brown for one minute over low heat.
- Add the rice, sweat for one minute then add one and a half times the volume of rice in water. Season with a pinch of salt and pepper.
- Bring to a boil, add the shrimp and green beans, then bake in the oven (preheated to 150°C or 300°F) for 15 minutes.
- While the rice is cooking, roast the almonds in a teaspoon of olive oil. Season with salt and chili powder. Wait until they turn a nice, rich color then place them on some paper towel to soak up the oil.
- After 15 minutes, remove the pan from the oven, add the chorizo slices and roasted almonds, and serve.
This reciped is signed by Chef Yves Camdeborde.
You can replace the green beans with another vegetable (peas, Brussels sprouts, etc.).
And the chicken can be replaced with rabbit.
Choose a premium rice (one that won't stick).
Be sure to serve the rice as soon as it comes out of the oven!
- 300 g (10.6 oz) rice for paella
- 1 chopped onion
- 1 diced red pepper
- 200 g (7 oz) sliced raw green beans
- 2 raw chicken thighs, deboned and cut into small cubes
- 20 raw peeled shrimp
- 50 g (1.8 oz) chorizo cut into small cubes
- 20 thin slices of chorizo
- 100 g (1 cup) slivered almonds
- Chili powder, salt, pepper, olive oil
Share this recipe
Other recipes for you
Here are some recipes you might also like