Sweet potato buns with spinach and goat cheese
- Peel and cut the sweet potato into large cubes, and steam them (approximately 15-20 minutes, depending on size of cubes).
- Mash them, stir the cornstarch into the still-warm sweet potatoes, and mix. Add the rice flour, a pinch of salt & pepper and a pinch of grated nutmeg.
- Set aside in a cool place for 20 to 30 minutes.
- Wash the spinach, clean and slice the mushrooms.
- In a frying pan, sweat the spinach in coconut oil and set aside, then sauté the sliced mushrooms and add the salt and pepper.
- Cut the fresh goat cheese into slices.
- With wet hands, scoop a ball of dough (if dough is too soft, add flour).
- In the palm of your hand, form an indentation in the dough and fill it with a bit of spinach, mushrooms, goat cheese and 1 tsp of honey.
- Then gently fold the remaining dough toward the center over the indentation, adding a bit more dough on top, if necessary, to seal the bun.
- Fry the buns in a frying pan with the coconut oil until each side is golden brown.
- Garnish and serve with a spinach leaf salad tossed in a bit of olive oil.
- 240 g sweet potatoes
- 30 g cornstarch
- 45 g rice flour
- Salt & pepper
- 100 g fresh spinach (40 g for the stuffing, 60 g for the side salad)
- 50 g fresh goat cheese
- 100 g button mushrooms
- 4 tbsp liquid honey
- Coconut oil
The benefits of cooking with a frying pan
With its round and shallow shape, this versatile utensil allows you to cook to your taste a variety of foods, from steaks to whole fish, burgers, meatballs, and all sorts of sauteed vegetables, pasta or cereals.
Share this recipe
Other recipes for you
Here are some recipes you might also like