Sweet pumpkin fritters
- Cut the pumpkin into large cubes and steam for 15 minutes.
- Once steamed, drain and let cool for a few minutes.
- Keep some of the cooking liquid.
- Mix the flour and cinnamon with the pumpkin pulp.
- Dilute the yeast in some of the lukewarm cooking liquid.
- Add the cognac and yeast to the flour and mix well.
- Let sit at room temperature for 30 minutes.
- Once the dough has risen, use 2 tablespoons to add it to a pastry bag, then squeeze pieces of the dough into a pan or wok full of hot frying oil.
- When the fritters are golden brown, remove them from the oil and place them on some paper towel.
- Sprinkle with powdered sugar and cinnamon and enjoy!
- 500 g (17.6 oz) pumpkin flesh
- 625 g (5 cups) flour
- 25 g (2 tbsp) baker's yeast
- ½ glass of cognac
- 1/2 tsp cinnamon
- Frying oil
- Powdered cinnamon and sugar
Why use a wok?
This wide and deep pan is used in asian countries to cook food quicky on a high fire. Finely chopped vegetables and meats, asian noodles and fried rice are particularly well-suited to this utensil.