Cod steak and leeks steamed with lemon and ginger
- Pour the very cold cream into a large bowl and whip it into whipped cream, then gently add the salt, wasabi, and a spoonful of lemon juice. Whip again.
- Clean the leeks and cut them lengthwise into quarters.
- Slice half of the lemon. Peel and chop the ginger.
- Place 130ml of water and the leeks in the steamer. Close the lid and put on to cook. When steam starts to escape, reduce the heat and leave to cook for 10 minutes. Remove from the heat, depressurise the pressure cooker and open.
Keep the leeks in the steamer and place the fish fillets on top. Season with salt, pepper, lemon slices, a dash of olive oil and ginger.
Close the lid and put on to cook. When steam starts to escape, reduce the heat and leave to cook for 5 minutes.
Remove from the heat, depressurise the pressure cooker and open.
- Arrange the leeks and the fish on a warm plate and drizzle with a little olive oil.
- Serve with a ramekin of wasabi whipped cream.
- 4 cod steaks (around 180 g or 6 oz each)
- 4 leeks (only use white part)
- 15 cl (3/5 cup) liquid cream
- 1 organic lemon
- 1 piece of ginger (40 g or 1.4 oz)
- 1 dab of wasabi
- Salt, pepper
- Olive oil
Share this recipe
Other recipes for you
Here are some recipes you might also like