Poached pears with wine and spices
- Add the wine, spices, sugar, honey, and the orange (washed and cut in half) to the pressure cooker. Bring to a boil without the lid.
- Peel the pears and place them whole in the hot wine.
- Close the lid and cook. When the steam starts to escape, lower the heat and cook for 8 minutes.
- Remove the pressure cooker from the heat. Depressurize before opening.
- Set the pears aside in a bowl.
- Reduce the hot wine until it becomes syrupy.
- Serve the pears on a plate and douse with the juice!
- 8 pears
- 50 cl (2 cups) red wine
- 75 g (2/3 cup) powdered sugar
- 1 vanilla bean
- 2 cinnamon sticks
- 1 piece of star anise
- 1/2 tsp peppercorns
- 1 clove
- 2 tbsp honey
- 1 orange
Share this recipe
Other recipes for you
Here are some recipes you might also like