Pumpkin, orange, and vanilla jam with Brioche
- Cut the pumpkin flesh into pieces.
- Wash the oranges and remove the zests, then chop the zests into small pieces.
- Add the zests to a pot of cold water. Bring to a boil and let cook for 1 minute. Repeat 3 times to remove the bitterness.
- Remove the white pith of the oranges and save the pulp and juice.
- Marinate the pumpkin flesh, sugar, orange pulp and juice, blanched zests, vanilla bean, and orange blossom in a saucepan overnight.
- The next day, cook the same saucepan for 1 hour over low heat, skimming the surface occasionally.
- Blend the mixture with a hand blender until smooth.
- The jam will be ready once it has set. To check, pour a small spoonful onto a cold plate. When tilted, it should not run.
- Fill the jars with jam, then immerse in a pot of boiling water for 10 minutes to sterilize them.
- Let the jars cool upside down, then store them in a dark place for up to several weeks.
- At snack time, make some French toast with brioche to go with the jelly.
- Melt some salted butter in a frying pan with a few spoonfuls of sugar.
- Once the mixture has caramelized, slice and cook both sides of the brioche.
- Smother with the jelly and serve.
- 800 g (28 oz) pumpkin flesh
- 800 g (4 cups) sugar
- 2 organic oranges
- 1 vanilla bean
- 1 tbsp orange blossom
- 1 brioche
- 250 g (1 cup) salted butter
Share this recipe
Other recipes for you
Here are some recipes you might also like