Quick lemon chicken
- Slice the chicken breasts lengthwise into 3 equal-sized pieces.
- Peel and chop the onion and garlic.
- Cut the preserved lemon into small, 5 mm cubes.
- Wash then slice the lemons.
- Chop the parsley and crush the almonds.
- Add a drizzle of olive oil to your Dutch oven.
- Quickly sauté the seasoned chicken until light brown, then set it aside in a dish.
- Sweat the onion, garlic, lemon slices, and preserved lemon.
- If necessary, add a little olive oil.
- Deglaze with the spoonful of honey. Brown the honey then add the chicken stock.
- Reduce half of the liquid. Add the chicken, the crushed almonds, and the chopped parsley.
- Serve immediately with semolina or bulgur.
- 4 chicken breasts
- ½ a preserved salted lemon
- 1 onion
- 2 cloves of garlic
- 1/2 lemon
- 50 g (1.8 oz) almonds
- 4 sprigs of parsley
- 1 tbsp honey
- 15 cl (3/5 cup) chicken stock
- Olive oil
- Salt, pepper
Why cook in a Dutch Oven?
Dutch ovens are ideal for slow cooked, simmered dishes. You can use the in the oven as well as the stovetop, and they will keep your meal warm when served at table.
Share this recipe
Other recipes for you
Here are some recipes you might also like