- Wash and hull the strawberries. Cut the larger ones into pieces.
- Mix the sugar and pectin in a large pot. Add the water and the squeezed lemon juice.
- Bring to a boil, then continue to heat the mixture to 121°C (250°F) (check with a thermometer).
- Add the strawberries and cook for 15 to 20 minutes.
- You may need to add a few more drops of lemon juice to ensure the pectin gels with the fruit.
- Turn off the heat and place a few drops of the jam on a cold plate to make sure it is fully cooked (place a plate in the freezer for a few minutes, then spoon a small amount of jam on the plate. When tilted vertically, the jam should run really slowly).
- Fill the jars to the rim, cap, and turn upside down for 5 to 10 minutes.
- As the jam cools, the sugar will continue to cook and the pectin will make sure it gels with the fruit.
- 1 kg (2.2 lbs) strawberries ("Mara des Bois" variety)
- 800 g (4 cups) sugar (can be reduced to 500 g or 2 and 1/2 cups)
- 200 ml (4/5 cup) water
- ½ a lemon (per 3 kg or 6.6 lbs of fruit)
- 15 g (1/2 oz) pectin
Share this recipe
Other recipes for you
Here are some recipes you might also like