Sunday roast chicken
- From the neck side, use your hand to separate the skin from the flesh of the chicken. Slide around ten basil leaves between the skin and the flesh.
- Rub the bread slice firmly with the garlic, then let it marinate with the garlic, the milk, and 2 tablespoons of olive oil.
- Stuff the chicken with the prepared heart, liver, and gizzard.
- Add the marinated bread and garlic. Season with salt and pepper.
- Place the chicken in an oven dish on its side and surround it with the feet, neck, wings, fat, an onion cut into 6 pieces, the whole shallots, any remaining basil, the rest of the garlic cloves with the skin on, and the sprigs of rosemary.
- Drizzle with a little olive oil, add salt and pepper, then bake at 180°C (360°F) for 90 minutes.
- Every 20 minutes, turn over and baste the chicken.
- Transfer the oven dish to the cooktop, remove and keep aside the chicken and the rosemary, deglaze the dish with a glass of water, and let cook for 5 minutes.
- Arrange the chicken on a plate and serve with the gravy and some delicious mashed potatoes.
This reciped is signed by Chef Yves Camdeborde.
- 1 free-range chicken (2 kg or 4.4 lbs)
- 1 head of garlic
- 10 large basil leaves
- 1 onion
- 3 shallots
- 2 sprigs of rosemary
- 1 piece of baguette bread from the day before
- 10 cl (2/5 cup) milk
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- Fine salt, freshly ground pepper
Share this recipe
Other recipes for you
Here are some recipes you might also like