Verbena honey custard
- Bring the milk and verbena to a boil in a saucepan with a spout, remove from the heat, cover, and let sit for 20 minutes.
- Whisk the eggs and honey in a large bowl for 5 minutes. Set aside.
- Bring the milk back to a boil, blend in a blender, and strain.
- Pour the milk over the egg/honey mixture and cook over low heat until the cream gently coats the back of a spoon. Do not bring the cream to a boil.
- Chill in the refrigerator (ideally, this recipe should be made one day before serving).
This recipe is signed by Chef Yves Camdeborde.
I like to pair this custard with a floating island with fresh strawberries and caramelized pistachios. It also goes well with gooey chocolate cake.
Feel free to replace the verbena with basil - it's just as good!
- 1 L (4 and 1/4 cups) fresh milk
- 8 egg yolks
- 100 g (1/3 cup) thousand flower honey
- 1 bunch of washed fresh verbena or 50 g (1.8 oz) dried verbena
Share this recipe
Other recipes for you
Here are some recipes you might also like